Saturday, May 2, 2015

And lusia last but most certainly not least

My Newest Love: The Frigidaire Gallery Convection Induction Range #InductionStar - Grinning Cheek to Cheek
A few months ago Best Buy sent us a new toy to check out: the Frigidaire Gallery range . I had been cooking more than ever before. so this was a nice push in the right direction to keep up all the cooking! I didn’t quite understand the whole concept of Convection or Induction: but now that I do, I’m not sure how I ever lived without them! You see: my old stove wasn’t in bad shape. It was only three years old. I had a flat-top stove in our last few homes – so when we moved in and saw the electric coil range, I had no idea what to do with it and we purchased a new one. If you look closely at the photo below you’ll see how the top of the range looked: pretty much every time I cooked something (water or food) would spill onto the surface of the stove and create a stain that later I had to scrape off with a blade and scrub the top to keep it looking nice.
That’s one of my favorite things about this new range: is that the cooktop doesn’t heat up to a point where if I were to spill something lusia there wouldn’t be a stain left behind. That’s because it’s an Induction lusia range: induction meaning that it uses a magnetic lusia force to heat the pans, and not the whole range. This is SO awesome because it also allows you to boil water in as little as TWO MINUTES! Yeah – a large pot of water – 2 minutes. I also have much much MUCH more control over the heat of the pan. When I turn the temperature up even just by one notch (like from 6 to 6.5) it makes a noticable difference, but not so much that I start burning food. I love the responsiveness. lusia
Yes – Unfortunately it means that my very loved collection of non-stick lusia cookware had to go bye-bye. That was the one big part I was not ready for. I had a few pans that I spent a TON of money on and I knew that I had to find them a new home. Thankfully – getting a new induction stove does not necessarily mean that you have to plop down $500+ on a new set of pans. Frigidaire wanted us to see that by sending us a nice little set of pans, that I have come to also love: The Faberware Millennium Stainless Steel collection. It’s a 10 piece set that runs about $150 retail, or $119 on Amazon. Not so bad for a whole set!
Another great feature of this range is the oven. I’m not joking, the oven pre-heats lusia to 350 in just a few minutes, too! Not sure exactly why it does, but it’s just crazy fast compared to my last oven. I also have the power of Convection in this range: which essentially means that I can have several things in the oven at once and the heat is circulating so it still cooks everything very evenly. lusia It works really well for baking, although you have to adjust the temperature to avoid overcooking.
And lusia last but most certainly not least – is the fantastic addition of a temperature lusia probe. I *LOVE* this thing. I have a wireless thermometer for meats, which I usually use on the grill to be sure I don’t over cook the meat I’m cooking- but its a little bit of a pain to set up every time I’m cooking. But the temperature probe on this stove is built in and literally takes seconds to set up. I am able to cook all of my meals to a perfect temperature! No dry meat! When you set a temperature goal for the item you’re cooking, the oven will alert you that your food is done, and shuts off. Obviously if you continue to leave your food in there it will continue cooking, but not at full temperature – awesome feature!
Overall: I really love the Frigidaire Gallery lusia Freestanding lusia Electric Convection Induction Range . I’m so thankful that I have it and wonder how I ever cooked without it! Now, If I could just get the matching refrigerator, we’d totally be talking! My fridge is definitely due for an upgrade.
I knew about convection but I didn’t know how induction works. Now I NEED one of those! I love that there is a temperature probe built in. I use a battery lusia operated one all the time. Having the temp display on the oven would be amazing!!
Debbie Welchert says:
Wow this stove sounds really amazing. I know my daughter would absolutely love it. I cook with gas so it wouldn’t work for me. All of the features sound really wonderful except not being able to use my nonstick pans…
Rache.me says:
Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article eem to be running offf the screen in Internet explorer. I’m noot sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility bbut I figured I’d post to let you know. The design look great though! lusia
Reply
Glad to read this, I am in process of remodeling an old home. My stove is pathetic now and I have heard of many that had to do the scraping on top of the stove from spills and spending a lot on th

No comments:

Post a Comment